Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Delightful Voice From Heaven


I'm sure you'll think I've lost it.

And, perhaps, I have.

Going ga-ga about Jack-Jack and even creating a blog solely devoted oh him.

Thing is, I have a very strong sense of hearing.

I don't watch movies much or listen to music much but when I hear a "certain" voice with a "certain" tone or timbre, boy, I have to investigate it, for it speaks directly to my soul.

Just like when I heard "God's Own Magical Song" many moons ago.

Of course, I had to document that moment, even if it took me more moons to reveal it.

So when I saw a trailer on cable showing Jack-Jack spouting those laser eyes as he is being held by his Dad, I was understandably intrigued by this baby.

But, of course, I'm a random watcher on cable.

I only watch when I need to rest my brain from blogging.

Then one day on 25 June 2019, I finally got to watch parts of "Incredibles 2" and was forever in the service of the fascinating little Jack-Jack.

Because I'm a perpetual journalist, I dug out more info about the little one and wrote it here.

And, of course, me being me, that article spawned on its own steam, until finally I decided to create "Baby Jack-Jack" blog and the articles for other blogs just kept coming.

You know that saying you couldn't stop even if you wanted to? 

I had the heart material for such a personal project -- feeding my soul with Jack-Jack's lovely, quirky personality and lovely laughter using Eli Fucile's 10-month-old baby voice, recorded by his Pixar animator dad, Tony Fucile, and given to director Brad Bird for use in the film.

When you withhold a cookie from hungry Jack-Jack or when he mistakenly thinks a raccoon is a thief and sets out to "get" him, you're hearing the war-crazy voice of Nicholas Bird, one of the sons of Brad Bird.

All these things I'm enjoying about this robust baby only materialized because I'm sure God inspired all these super-talented and patient artists to create something I'll go ga-ga over for the rest of my life, so I thank them all from my bottomless heart.

It's also fun to know how the Jack-Jack voice came about, as Tony Fucile spoke to Brad Bird about his 10-month-old baby boy, Eli:


"You know, Eli's been doing wacky sounds. It's this sort of pre-verbal jag he goes on. He'll wake up and he just goes. It's laughter and sort of all over the place."

It's too bad we all grew up.

If only we could have remained gurgling, giggling, happy, innocent, and playful, maybe this world would be better, yes?

All babies come from God.

We were all babies once.

Thus, we all came from God.

Thank you, Jack-Jack for reminding me of who I once was.

A curious, delighted baby loved by God.

More articles here.